- June 4th
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- 701 Mission Street
- San Francisco
REGISTER FOR PORTFOLIO DAY TODAY!
Produced by AIGA SF and brought to you with the
generous support of Adobe.
Known as the best portfolio review on the West Coast, this is an opportunity for graduating seniors in design programs, and graphic designer professionals looking to make a change to get valuable one-on-one feedback on your portfolio and career goals from some of the Bay Area’s best designers. Top Bay Area designers will serve as reviewers.
This event is open to students, emerging designers, those who are returning to the profession after some time off, changing career paths or anyone looking for guidance and feedback.
You will receive 3 reviews throughout the day from experts in the field spanning a range of disciplines. Practice your one-on-one interviewing skills with design professionals and receive valuable feedback on your portfolio.
There are only 200 spaces for this yearly event so please don’t forget to RSVP here.
And remember to join AIGASF today and save on admission for one of our biggest events of the year!
Breakfast fueled by The Creative Group.
8:30 am – Registration
8:50 am – Opening Remarks + Enrichment Scholarship Recipients announced
9:00 am – 1:00 pm – Portfolio Reviews at YBCA’s Forum
9:00 am – 10:00 am – Keynote at YBCA’s Film Screening Room with Marc O’Brien, “Now what?”
10:00 am – 11:00 am – Keynote at YBCA’s Film Screening Room with Jessica Svendsen, “Against Predictability”
11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Keynote at YBCA’s Film Screening Room with Talent Farm, “Shape your Career: Landing the job that’s best for you!”
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Keynote at YBCA’s Film Screening Room with Adobe designers, life and design at Adobe and go behind the scenes of designing Adobe XD, the newest all-in-one UX tool.
1:00 pm – Closing remarks
FEATURED SPEAKER BIOS
Marc O’Brien @think5577
As an independent design strategist and creative facilitator, Marc O’Brien works with organizations that give a damn. He focuses on social innovation, human-centered design, and purpose-driven initiatives that create positive change in the world.
In a playful workshop environment, Marc helps Fortune 500 companies to startups, non-profits to universities, come up with fun, achievable, and innovative solutions to their challenges. With a background in both web and graphic design, Marc brings ideas to life so others can see what’s possible.
Marc also teaches at California College of the Arts and at General Assembly, both in San Francisco, CA.
Jessica Svendsen @jessicasvendsen
Jessica Svendsen is a designer working in identity, book and exhibition design, and illustration. Currently based in San Francisco, California, Jessica has worked as a designer at Apple and at Pentagram in New York, for partner Michael Bierut.
She also taught typography as adjunct faculty at Parsons The New School and the Pratt Institute. She received a MFA in Graphic Design from the Yale School of Art and a BA in English Literature from Yale University.
Demian Borba @demianborba
Demian is a Product Manager for Adobe XD (formerly Project Comet) on the Creative Cloud team at Adobe. He is based in the company’s San Francisco office and has more than 16 years of experience with technology, interactive media, design, business, community engagement and training. Before Adobe, he worked as a Developer Advocate, first for BlackBerry and then Braintree/PayPal, traveling the world to engage with developers and startups. He also ran Action Creations, an interactive agency based in San Diego, designing and developing apps for clients including Oakley, 20th Century Fox, World Surf League, Nike and many more. Demian is committed to the growth of new innovators, has taught design and programming at UCSD, as well as his own training programs focused on Design Thinking and mobile development, reaching hundreds of developers, designers and entrepreneurs. Learning, empathy, innovation and technology drive his work and his personal life.
Karen Myers and Marta Fuentealba, Principals of boutique recruitment firm Talent Farm, each bring extensive hands-on experience engaging with the best creative talent in the industry and partnering with hiring managers to uncover the most enticing, and most challenging, aspects of their open positions. Karen and Marta have worked in-house for global design firm, frog, where they learned in intimate detail the roles each team member plays and the importance of caffeine when working with candidates and hiring managers halfway around the world. Their prior work inside creative staffing agencies gave them insight into a broad range of businesses and an understanding of what it means to equally serve the needs of both candidates and clients.
- Marco Paglia | Design Lead | Google
- Sal Randazzo | Creative Director | Sal Randazzo Design
- Rick Johanson | Manager, Product and Design Recruitment | NerdWallet
- Rahim Bhimani | Senior Design Strategist | Code and Theory
- Jayeon Kim | UX Design Lead | Google
- Jess Myra | Product Designer | Twitter
- Eda Jackson | Creative Lead | Reactor Core
- Ryin Kobza | Senior Design Director | Oracle
- Melanie Doherty | Creative Director and Designer | Melanie Doherty Design
- Lindsay Gravette | Creative Director
- Jim Love | Creative Director | Altosa Group LLC
- Aaron Stienstra | Principal Designer | Aaron Stienstra Design
- Christina Beard | Lead Designer | Collective Health
- Rod Lemaire | Creative Director | Mission Minded
- Rita Parada | Staff User Researcher | Twitter
- Leila Singleton | Freelance Art Director | The Whole Package
- Christina Lee | Creative Director | Noise 13
- Paul Bennett | Associate Creative Director | CBA BE
- Matthew Korbel-Bowers | Design Director | UC Berkeley
- Zack Shubkagel | Creative Director, Partner | Willoughby Design, Inc.
- Allison Milmoe | Principal | Allison Milmoe Art Direction & Graphic Design
- Arvi Raquel-Santos | Sr. Visual Product Designer | Fitbit, Inc.
- Steven Soshea | Creative Director, Owner | Steven Soshea Design
- Stanley Zienka | Creative Director | Electronic Arts
- Kern Toy | Owner, Principal | Kern Toy Studio
- Leo Jung | Creative Director | California Sunday
- Earl Gee | Partner and Creative Director | Gee + Chung Design
- Chetana Deorah | Head of Design | Scribd
- Carolina de Bartolo | Founder, Creative Director | 101 Editions
- Dave Nguyen | Senior Art Director | Duarte Inc.
- Samantha Katz | Senior Art Director | Duarte Inc.
- Adam Watanabe | Art Director | Duarte Inc.
- Scott Sidorsky | Creative Director | Sidorsky Creative
- Brian Singer | Design Manager, Brand | Pinterest
- Elizabeth Dykstra-Erickson | AVP Architecture and Design | Foxconn
- Adam Brodsley | Principal | Volume Inc.
- Russell Hampton | Experience Director | Razorfish
- Angel Steger | Product Design Lead | Pinterest
- Butler Looney | Design Director | Hybrid Design
- Kim Cullen | Senior Interaction Design Lead | IDEO
- Lloyd Blander | Creative Director | Emotive Brand
- Brandon De Jong | Senior Art Direction | Recreation
- Christian Widlic | Senior Designer | Collins
- Anthony Jagoda | Senior Designer Brand Creative |
- Tim Carpenter | Owner/Art Director | Pirate Satellite
- Kristine Arth | Director of Brand & Graphic Design | Fuse Project
- Mehreen Zahid | Senior Interactive Designer | LEVEL Studios
- Aino Horsma | Sr. Manager of User Experience | Autodesk Education Experiences
- Carrie Tilmann | Art Director | Mission Minded
- Bushra Mahmood | Senior User Experience Designer | Adobe
- Colin Roache | Experience Designer | Adobe
- Seth Shaw | Experience Designer | Adobe
- Joe Stitzlein | Principal | Stitzlein Design
- Janu Flores | Senior Visual Designer | Code and Theory
- Max Batt | Senior Designer | Ammunition