San Francisco Design Week is a community event produced by a non-profit 501(3)c and its success relies on the goodness of others and a massive team of volunteers. If you have attended SFDW events and/or reviewed our online presence and believe you have something to contribute — we’d love to hear from you. Let us know who you are, along with some of your general interests — and we’ll get back in touch with more details.
Communications: Social Media
As a social media member, you will help craft SFDW’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You have a strong passion for all things creative and are always up to date on the latest design trends and news.
- Create and execute strategies for both organic content and/or sponsored content to be posted on social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Partner with PR, Events & Blog teams to help increase engagement/readership of our different SFDW touchpoints (live events, blog, email digest)
- Design (beautiful!) banners, posters, graphic assets for social media posts, including Instagram, Facebook event pages or Eventbrite pages.
- Nice-to-have: understanding of social metrics, data analysis; PR/marketing and/or copywriting experience; extensive experience publishing to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and using social publishing and measurement tools (Tweetdeck, Facebook insights/analytics, etc)
As a blog/news volunteer, you’ll be helping engage people through our SFDW blog. If you easily spend hours catching up on design blogs, can name your favorite 3 writers off the top of your head, and maybe have even written a few of your own Medium articles, this role is a great fit.
- Work with sponsors/hosts to create articles for the blog
- Partner with PR, Events & Blog teams to unify content strategy (content themes, event showcases, even designer showcases)
- Create interview scripts & interview design influencers and leaders
- Optional – write your own articles relating to design/current events/trends
- Occasionally design (beautiful!) banners/hero images for articles
- Occasionally create inline illustrations/graphics for articles
- Nice-to-have: experience with WordPress; basic HTML skills; any writing/journalism experience
Communications: Live Editorial
We’re seeking two highly organized and energetic leaders to manage the live editorial/social media coverage of SFDW events.
- Work with the volunteer leads to vet and come up with a roster of 15-20 volunteer writers, photographers, and social media professionals who will create live editorial during SFDW.
- Keep an up-to-date event listing of assigned volunteers.
- Ensure coverage of a variety of design events (i.e., architecture, sound, UX, print, brand strategy, etc.), especially SFDW sponsor events and AIGA events.
- Manage communications with live editorial team to ensure timely and engaging event coverage.
- Serve as “mission control” during SFDW to monitor and edit content if necessary.
- Keep an archive of event photography.
The PR/marketing team will drive awareness and excitement for the breadth of design-focused events during the 2017 SF Design Week. We’re looking for people who are passionate about design, has a background in marketing/PR, and wants to dedicate some free time in combining these entities to make a super successful SFDW.
Learn more at this sub-committee’s public meeting:
HUB / Opening Night
The Hub will be the center of SF Design Week’s opening suite of events, including the Opening Night Party. Ideal volunteer candidates have project management, large event management, or vendor management skills, and can make a long-term volunteer commitment through the completion of SF Design Week (June 14). They are detail-oriented, flexible, and fantastic communicators. Additionally, we have a need for people who are interested in pulling together a program of presenters, and who are excited to do thematic brainstorming and subsequent outreach to potential participants.
Learn more about joining this sub-committee by contacting Angie Rabang at email@example.com
Events / Studio Tours
Members of the Events / Outreach / Studio tour team are the primary points of contact for all SF Design Week hosts. They will work with hosts to develop inventive, informative and inspirational programming for events and and answer all questions throughout the planning process. Volunteers should be natural communicators, organized and game for the challenge of creating a calendar that reflects the diversity and richness of San Francisco Bay Area design. Team members should plan on devoting about 5 hours a week and be available for weekly meetings.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
— — —
DESIGN LEADERS COMMUNITY MEETING
We host four design leaders meetings annually. If you are a leader from a partnering design organization, museum, university, etc and would like to see how you can contribute to SF Design Week, please email Sirinapa at email@example.com